In the past year, I’ve used the 1.0 version of the “Socialnomics” (based on the book) video numerous times in presentations, workshops and speaking engagements. It’s really a superb encapsulation of the numbers and critical mass behind social media. If you’ve not seen the first version, then you’re really in for a treat with the updated 2.0 (refresh) version here.
Here are a few things that jumped out at me that you just mind find interesting.
- 96% of the Millennial generation are on social networks
- Kindle books outsold paper books on Christmas
- Facebook added over 200 million users in less than a year (makes these otherwise revealing freemium case studies pale in comparison)
- Facebook would now be the 3rd largest country if it were, in fact, a country
- The fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year old females (probably because they have everyone else already…)
- Studies show that on average, Wikipedia articles are as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica